Kraken is one of the largest and most successful bitcoin exchanges in the world and we’re growing faster than ever. We’re looking for people who constantly push themselves to think differently and chart exciting new paths in a rapidly growing industry. Kraken is a diverse group of dreamers and doers, we truly believe our success depends on having both in spades. Join us and the movement to change the way the world thinks about money.
Learn more about us:
Read our reviews on Glassdoor
Follow us on Twitter
Catch up on our blog
About the Role
This is a fully remote role based in EMEA.
Kraken is expanding our rapidly growing Business Operations and Strategy team comprised of talented and motivated individuals. We are creating the most advanced and sophisticated cryptocurrency platform in the world while relishing every moment along the way.
- Drive success for Kraken within EMEA.
- Work with the Head of Business Operations & Strategy to define, analyze, measure and optimize the process infrastructure of the company
- Analyze and understand all dimensions of the cryptocurrency ecosystem, and develop perspectives on relationships, opportunities and risks
- Own the process to identify potential financial institution partners - banks, payment processors, etc.
- Identify, secure, and establish relationships with other key business partners - trading system vendors, financial institutions, etc.
- Understand target customer segments and help develop and refine differentiated offerings, new capabilities and winning value propositions
- Identify opportunities for improvement and lead initiatives to scale, automate and improve processes in all areas of the business, including sales and marketing, customer support and engagement, product development, operations, finance, back office, etc.
- Support and improve annual strategic planning and operational budgeting processes to ensure linked and aligned resource allocations and efficient execution.
- Experience and proven track record in strategy consulting, investment banking or strategy roles in the financial services or technology industries
- Knowledge of financial markets and strong interest in cryptocurrency
- Experience in international markets
- Knowledge of Financial Regulatory Compliance, including AML
- Experience in a relevant industry - FinTech, Crypto/Blockchain, Payments, Brokerage/Exchange, Banking, Other Financial Services, etc.
- Experience and proven track record in business process management consulting or operations roles in the financial services or technology industries
- Experience driving multiple partnership deals through all phases - opportunity identification, business case, negotiation, legal review, and close
- Strong analytical expertise - ability to develop financial cost models, revenue projections, etc.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree; MBA preferred
- 10 years’ experience in similar field and roles
- Financial markets experience with knowledge/interest in cryptocurrency