Coinbase has built the world's leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 30 million accounts in more than 50 countries. With the success of our flagship product, Coinbase Consumer, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are now proud to offer an entire suite of products that make accessing cryptocurrencies easy and secure, in addition to new products that operate at the frontiers of crypto and blockchain.
The Concentration and Counterparty Credit Risk Manager will be based in our San Francisco office and report directly to the CFO. Working closely with our Enterprise Risk Management Working Group you will manage complex credit risks across a global client base. You will establish and manage a credit risk management program including building out policies and procedures. A key component of this role is partnering with our Product teams to deliver lending solutions through existing or new products to respond to the dynamic digital asset market environment.
What you’ll be doing:
- Establishes credit risk management policies, procedures and standards, including maximum portfolio exposure, directionality limits and asset concentration levels.
- Responsible for diligence and underwriting of client credit risk
- Preparation of written analysis substantiating recourse value of counterparty
- Proposing risk based limits based on assigned internal counterparty rating
- Establish policies for monitoring of client trading activities relative to individual and portfolio-wide limits
- Review of potential exposures using VaR, scenario, and other risk based metrics
- Negotiation of standard industry documentation
- Conducting periodic portfolio reviews
What we look for in you:
- 10+ years hands-on risk management, trading, and/or portfolio management experience
- Prior hedge fund, banking, or broker-dealer counterparty risk experience.
- Strong understanding capital markets products
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Experiences in counterparty risk modeling, statistical and econometric modeling, and/or VaR modeling
- Excellent analytical skills with an advanced degree in math, finance, statistics, or engineering preferred Ph.D., CPA, or CFA a plus
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Coinbase does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state or federal law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance and similar local laws.
Malicious Attack On Argentinian Governme...Shilpa Ranga 14:09 PM 10 Dec 2019
Greece Government Mandates 30 Percent El...Shilpa Ranga 14:02 PM 10 Dec 2019
Indian Software Company, Subex to Tackle...Ibiam Wayas 13:07 PM 10 Dec 2019
Malicious Attack On Argentinian Governme...Shilpa Ranga 12:58 PM 10 Dec 2019
JPMorgan To Integrate Blockchain Payment...Olowo 12:56 PM 10 Dec 2019
UK Investment Platform EToro to Issue De...Richard M Adrian 12:24 PM 10 Dec 2019
Declining Crypto Market Cap: BCH, EOS, T...Richard M Adrian 11:36 AM 10 Dec 2019