As part of the Finance Team located in Toronto, the Controller will manage and oversee all accounting operations for Coinsquare. This position will be reporting to the Director of Finance and will have two direct reports. A successful candidate will seek to continuously improve internal controls over financial transactions and financial reporting while managing and developing an existing team of talented accounting professionals.
Projects that the Controller will be leading and managing include integrating Coinsquare's existing and future acquisitions, consolidating our financial subsidiaries, IPO and SOC1 planning and preparation.
- Manage all accounting operations including Billing, A/R, A/P, Consolidation, Inventory Accounting and Revenue Recognition
- Prepare monthly financial statements and present to senior management team
- Reviewing management accounts against budget and provide variance analysis
- Oversee month-end and year-end close process
- Manage and coordinate the preparation of regulatory reporting and tax filings
- Manage the audit process and be the primary interface with external auditors
- Manage and develop team of accounting staff
- Providing required financial reports in an accurate and timely manner
- Ensure annual financial audit, month end and quarter end processes are completed in a timely manner
- Provide value added insights based on monthly review and variance analysis of management accounts
- 5+ years of overall accounting experience, ideally including experience gained from working at E&Y, Deloitte, PwC, KPMG, etc.
- Proven working experience as a Financial Controller or Assistant Controller
- CA and/or CPA designation
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting or Business Administration
- Familiarity with IFRS
Nice To Haves
- Experience supporting clients in financial services
- MBA or CFA designations
- US GAAP knowledge
- Familiarity with Xero, Netsuite
- Experience working in a high growth start-up / scale-up
Coinsquare is Canada’s leading and most secure digital asset trading platform for trading Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin and other digital currencies.
We built the most secure trading platform, and since our founding in 2014 we’ve never lost a coin. We’re FINTRAC regulated as a money services business, meaning we keep all our clients' money in Canada and use bank-level security measures on our platform.
We’ve raised over $60M to date, growing from one employee in February 2017 to over 100 employees by January of 2019. We’ve been featured in major media outlets across Canada and are always dedicated to bringing digital asset investing to the mainstream through our various operations like digital currency mining, funds, capital markets, and other offerings coming down the pipeline as we grow.
Discover what's possible with digital currency by checking out our trading platform:
We’re full of bright and diverse thinkers. Team members have equal opportunities to contribute to our success within a scale-up culture that encourages self-starters, transparency and team connectivity.
We know diverse teams make strong teams. We welcome people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. If you require accommodation during the application process, simply let us know and we’ll ensure it’s a positive experience for you.
In order to promote and enhance the security of Coinsquare and our platform, just so you know, anyone receiving a job offer will be required to complete a background check.
By applying to Coinsquare, you agree to receive occasional emails from Coinsquare about our products and services. There is no purchase required and you can opt out at any time.
Revolut Starts Offering Crypto Trading F......Zain Raza 14:19 PM 02 Apr 2020
Adam Back Believes Bitcoin on The Brink ......Zain Raza 12:45 PM 02 Apr 2020
DataQin Total RMB Fund Reaches Over $100......Jyoti Singh 12:10 PM 02 Apr 2020
SEC Biding Its Time Before Making a Deci......Zain Raza 11:51 AM 02 Apr 2020
FATF Heaps Praise on The US Laws And Reg......Zain Raza 11:41 AM 02 Apr 2020
Ripple Developer Suggests Methods to Imp......Vandana Malik 11:24 AM 02 Apr 2020
Blockchain Value In Energy Market Will T......Jyoti Singh 11:04 AM 02 Apr 2020