THE DEPARTMENT: CUSTOMER SUPPORT
The Customer Support team at Gemini is a team group of highly talented and dynamic contributors. Each individual ensures that our customers have the best experience possible when they need help, have a question or are providing feedback. This team manages all inbound service requests, communications with customers while onboarding, and is increasingly contributing to outbound communications. The Customer Support teams main focus is our Retail customers, but increasingly they are interacting with Institutional Customers. During periods of low-service volume, the team also takes on support-centric projects.
THE ROLE: DIRECTOR OF CUSTOMER SUPPORT
Gemini is looking for a self-motivated, personable, hands-on individual who is experienced and eager to lead the Customer Support team. As the leader of our Customer Support Team, you’ll directly manage a team associates in NYC, as well as lead a remote support team. You’ll be responsible for ensuring the quality of our service remains best-in-class, maximizing efficiency, developing relationships with other departments to ensure our customers’ needs are being met, and continuing to build upon the team’s rapidly evolving infrastructure.
This position is full-time at Gemini’s offices in New York City, and will report to the Managing Director of Operations.
- Lead and inspire a growing team of Gemini Customer Support associates, as well as a remote team, to deliver exceptional customer support
- Drive customer satisfaction and retention through initial customer onboarding, ongoing support and retention initiatives
- Collaborate with Business Development team to deliver industry-leading client services
- Manage client insights function to develop a proactive client services model, inform on business initiatives, and report on trends in the fast-paced world of cryptocurrencies
- Advocate as the voice of the customer within Gemini when collaborating cross-functionally with Marketing, Finance, Product & Engineering teams
- Work with Managing Director of Operations in revamping a new support service model
- Define and drive key performance indicators (KPIs) for the customer support team
- 6-10 years of professional experience in Customer Support, with 3-5 years of management experience with Customer Support or Client Services teams
- Experience with with retail customer support, familiarity with institutional support a plus
- Robust familiarity with Zendesk or similar support centric tools (i.e. Kustomer, Salesforce)
- Proficiency in leveraging a range of tools to build and communicate data-driven recommendations
- Excellent listening and communication skills, coupled with strong interpersonal and relationship management skills
- Ability to motivate others to do complicated tasks and fulfill their potential
- Adaptability to manage uncertainty; balancing multiple competing objectives and timelines, and making sensible compromises to push your team forward. Ability to take on new initiatives and build them into the customer service team’s workflow.
- Problem solver, creative thinker, and not afraid to experiment
- Experience managing a remote (and/or outsourced) team of agents
- Experience in financial services or fintech support
IT PAYS TO WORK HERE
We take a holistic approach to compensation at Gemini, which includes:
- Competitive base salaries across all departments
- Ownership in the company via profit sharing units
- Amazing benefits, 401k match contribution, and flexible hours
- Snacks, Perks, Wellness Outings & Events
Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.