Coinbase’s vision is to bring more innovation, efficiency, and equality of opportunity to the world by building an open financial system. Our first step on that journey is making digital currency accessible and approachable for everyone. Two principles guide our efforts. First, be the most trusted company in our domain. Second, create user-focused products that are easier and more intuitive to use.
- Lead worldwide GAAP tax provision (federal and foreign) and ASC 740 accounting cycle, including footnotes, disclosures, permanent/temporary differences, discrete items, rate reconciliation, inventory of deferred assets/liabilities, taxes payable and deferred roll forwards/reconciliations, valuation allowances, tax rates, return-to-provision adjustments, and tax journal entries.
- Support review of tax compliance with respect to U.S. operations, tax credits, tax rates, return-to-provision analysis, tax compliance memos, monitoring worldwide tax compliance, SOX processes, and ensuring that all tax accounts in the financial statements are accurate.
- Determine tax reserves (FIN 48 & FAS 5) and related disclosures with respect to U.S. operations, including monitoring the tax environment to ensure that the tax reserves are reasonable and lead any voluntary disclosures that may be required.
- Provide forecasts and guidance with respect to U.S. and non-U.S. future effective tax rates and cash taxes.
- Ensure that all tax accounts/information is properly reflected in the financial statements, including income taxes payable, deferred assets/liabilities, provision for income taxes (current and deferred provision), tax adjustments in the statement of cash flows and stockholders’ equity as well as coordination with the Company’s auditors.
- 15+ years of experience
- Expert knowledge of US GAAP accounting for taxes and internal controls
- Expert knowledge of US tax laws and regulations and the ability to apply them to new situations
- Strong knowledge of state and local corporate income and sales / use tax
- Strong knowledge of a tax provision and return tools and the ability to design and operate a system for compliance
- Strong desktop application learning ability
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Coinbase does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state or federal law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance and similar local laws.
JPMorgan CEO Appreciates $2 Trillion Sti......Jyoti Singh 11:19 AM 08 Apr 2020
Blockchain's Traceability More in Demand......Zain Raza 10:52 AM 08 Apr 2020
HackControl Accuses Binance for Allegedl......Vandana Malik 09:50 AM 08 Apr 2020
Bitcoin Now a Part of The Tezos Blockcha......Zain Raza 15:11 PM 08 Apr 2020
Leading European Fintech VC Ventures int......Yvette Mwendwa 09:39 AM 08 Apr 2020
Jack Dorsey Donates $1 Billion Square Sh......Zain Raza 14:43 PM 08 Apr 2020
Darknet Criminals In Russia Trades 13 Mi......Jyoti Singh 09:24 AM 08 Apr 2020