Want to play a part in upgrading the world to a better financial system? Interested in being part of the cryptocurrency revolution and working with some of the best minds in the industry? Keep reading.
We are looking for a talented and experienced individual who can work within our team of content creators within the Marketing team. Luno is a leading global cryptocurrency company operating across more than 40 countries and with offices in London, Singapore and Cape Town. We’re Series B-funded and backed by some of the top tech investors in the world.
Our products and services make it safe and easy for people and businesses to buy, store, use and learn about cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin and Ethereum. Our vision is to upgrade the world to a better financial system.
You are someone who knows the power of an Oxford Comma. You’ll be able to unlock writer’s block with humour, empathy, and love of the creative process. Your acute attention to detail, good editorial judgement and solid understanding of the financial media landscape comes from your relentless obsession with reading.
Your role in a nutshell
- As an authoritative and influential industry voice you will contribute content of all types
- Produce, edit, and sign-off content across alpl channels and formats
- Champion consistent quality of the brand’s tone and house views, emphasising relevance, to establish credibility in the community
- Ensure that content for each brand touch-point (e.g., website, email newsletters, social media, print magazine, video, podcast) is consistently produced on schedule, at high level of quality and in alignment with the company’s overall content standards (including visual and display components in collaboration with the creative services team).
- Provide effective and supportive management of direct reports to enhance their expertise in subject matter, their capabilities, productivity and career growth
- Monitor the readership and engagement of content published and identify key tactical opportunities to add to the editorial calendar
What you’ll need
- A work permit
- At least 3-5 years experience in business/financial journalism
- Experience managing both internal and external writers
- Passion and knowledge of decentralised cryptocurrencies, blockchain and finance
- Strong creative writing skills, able to build upon an existing tone of voice and bring your sense of humour, empathy, and love of words to your writing
- An ability to think strategically, delegate responsibility, build consensus and communicate and advocate effectively
- An ability to work independently, including a track record of initiative, problem-solving, and adaptability
- An ability to build and maintain meaningful, collaborative relationships with cross-functional teams across the wider business
In the first 3 months, you will
- Gain an overarching understanding of our global content strategy and the channels that we manage
- Be comfortable with our house views and embrace our tone of voice
- Get into the rhythm of writing, editing and proofreading content across our different formats
- Jump into the nitty-gritty of editorial planning, content scheduling and writer management
What you’ll get
Cryptocurrencies are rapidly changing the financial landscape, and the Luno team is at the forefront of this revolution. If you’re looking to work on something truly global and disruptive with a forward-thinking and ambitious team that highly values diversity, teamwork, and the continuous quest for excellence, then this is the opportunity for you.
We're providing a phenomenal opportunity to learn more about cryptocurrencies, blockchain, emerging markets, and together we'll work together to scale a global business.
- You'll learn new skills, languages, continuously develop and share knowledge with your peers.
- Work with a diverse team of hardworking, ambitious and friendly people on something that will truly revolutionise the world.
- We'll take care of lunch Monday - Thursday, and organise regular social events for team bonding.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. You'll need to hold the legal right to work in the UK already as we cannot provide visa sponsorship.