Kraken is one of the largest and most successful bitcoin exchanges in the world and we’re growing faster than ever. We’re looking for people who constantly push themselves to think differently and chart exciting new paths in a rapidly growing industry. Kraken is a diverse group of dreamers and doers, we truly believe our success depends on having both in spades. Join us and the movement to change the way the world thinks about money.
About the Role
This is a fully remote role.
As a Frontend DevOps Engineer you will be focused on constantly improving the frontend build systems, tooling, and projects. You’ll be digging into compiled assets and compilation pipelines to optimize builds for speed and size, enabling faster delivery to clients and smoother user experiences. You will be integrating our systems to automate our development workflows while improving security. You’ll work closely with the frontend teams with the independence to spearhead individual objectives
- Passion for improving process and products
- Ability to thrive while working independently and remotely in a team based environment
- Ability to context-switch between various projects, codebases and concepts
- Proficient in Git source version-control
- Experience configuring and optimizing Webpack builds
- Experience configuring Continuous Integration (CI)
- A thorough knowledge of Docker and Docker-Compose
- Well-versed in scripting languages (e.g. Bash, Python), building and administration of Linux
- Interest in security and a thoughtful and thorough consideration of the security implications of development decisions
- Reacting to build failures, working with Dev and QA teams to ensure our stable branches (develop and master) are always passing build
- Automating syncing between services to improve the frontend developer and QA workflows
- Collaborate with Dev, QA, and Product teams to add jobs to our Continuous Integration (CI) pipeline for automating quality testing, tracking key metrics, and generating reports, thereby increasing the quality of our product we deliver to customers
- Supporting a fully distributed team operating across numerous timezones
- Passion for open-source and contributing back to the community
- Experience with Cucumber and Selenium for automated testing
- Experience with cloud infrastructure (e.g. Azure, AWS, Google Cloud)
- Experience working with TypeScript projects
- Experience working with PHP projects
- Experience with Nginx
- Experience implementing linting rules (e.g. ESLint, TSLint, PHP-CS-Fixer, etc)
- Experience with Hashicorp products:
- Experience with configuration management tools (Chef, Ansible, Puppet)
- Experience using React to develop UI/UX experiences
Learn more about us:
Read our reviews on Glassdoor
Follow us on Twitter
Catch up on our blog
Check out all our open roles at https://jobs.lever.co/kraken. We’re excited to see what you’re made of.
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique backgrounds and experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives.