Coinbase is one of the Bay Area’s fastest growing, most exciting startups. Having completed Series E funding in November 2018, we are in a unique position to develop new product lines, while continuing to scale our operations globally. Having opened offices in New York, Chicago, Tokyo and London, we are looking to grow aggressively in 2019. If you have a positive, proactive, startup mentality, and are interested in joining a highly disruptive business on the forefront of the burgeoning cryptocurrency industry, I’d encourage you to apply today.
As a sales trader based in San Francisco or Tokyo, Japan, you will be responsible for building the OTC business in Asia and supporting a wide range of clients by providing high levels of service and execution.
- Drive increased trading volume to Coinbase’s OTC Desk by understanding clients’ liquidity needs, proactively identify ways for high touch execution services to meet those needs, and provide client support for execution, liquidity, and market color.
- Work with the Sales and Client Services teams to identify, onboard, and monetize new client relationships and proactively identify new business opportunities for Coinbase OTC.
- Provide market color to clients on market conditions with an emphasis on liquidity and flow thematics and build trust through daily interactions.
- Maintain a pulse on the sentiment, trading activity, and provide feedback from client base and marketplace and keep relevant internal teams informed.
- Assist OTC Product Manager by providing feedback from clients to help guide new product development that meets client’s needs.
- 1+ year(s) of Sales and/or Trading experience at an institution within the crypto-asset ecosystem.
- Pre-existing relationships with the crypto buy-side clients, and demonstrable knowledge of the crypto first institutional landscape.
- Strong data analysis, relationship management, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrated passion for trading digital assets such as BTC, ETH, LTC, etc.
- Entrepreneurial mindset with a desire to build a business from the ground up.
- Can-do attitude and willingness to work hard and be scrappy.
- Traditional finance experience preferred but not required