Coinbase is one of the Bay Area’s fastest growing, most exciting startups. Having completed Series E funding in November 2018, we are in a unique position to develop new product lines, while continuing to scale our operations globally. Having opened offices in New York, Chicago, Tokyo and London, we are looking to grow aggressively in 2019. If you have a positive, proactive, startup mentality, and are interested in joining a highly disruptive business on the forefront of the burgeoning cryptocurrency industry, I’d encourage you to apply today.
Mitigating payments risk in the digital currency industry is challenging. Every day, our payments risk team works to mitigate the damage caused by scams and abuse, while protecting our good customers from false positives and friction. The adversaries targeting Coinbase use novel and sophisticated methods, so maintaining a diverse, organized, and capable team is required to outsmart them. Successfully responding to fraud threats requires constant awareness, and thinking several steps ahead.
As a Payment Risk analyst, you will be responsible for developing a high level of awareness for the problems in your domain. You’ll be given access to (and encouraged to develop) high impact tools and backend data for investigations purposes. You’ll also work as part of a larger payments risk team that will help share their experience and achieve shared goals. Effective innovation in the risk space allows Coinbase to pursue its mission of creating an open financial system for the world.
- Review purchases and deposits for potential fraudulent activity.
- Decision escalated customer accounts from Support, Payment Ops, and other teams in a timely manner.
- Analyze customer level information to determine action for both customers and company policy.
- Design and monitor risk management strategies that allow the company to continue growing.
- Create risk-based rules to mitigate emerging fraud trends and monitor performance of same with regard to fraud prevention and customer experience.
- Communicate concise and actionable business strategies from vast amounts of data.
- Effectively prioritize from a diverse set of problems to focus your attention on the most needed areas.
- Resolve fraud issues whenever possible, and escalate or pair with others to drive projects to completion.
- SQL ability, or other database-querying language.
- Must be a curious, analytical thinker capable of communicating analysis clearly.
- A demonstrated ability to detect and investigate anomalous activity.
- Strong organization and prioritization skills - needs to be flexible to meet the demands of a fast-paced environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Knowledge of Card Not Present fraud and ACH fraud.
- 1+ years’ experience in e-commerce, payments or financial services in Fraud Management and or Trust and Safety.
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Coinbase does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state or federal law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance and similar local laws.
Cardano Extends Blockchain Service To 54...Olowo 12:09 PM 22 Nov 2019
Ripple Employee Says it’s XRP Will No...Olowo 11:37 AM 22 Nov 2019
Chainalysis: Few Big Crypto Exchanges Co...Richard M Adrian 11:32 AM 22 Nov 2019
Kraken Futures Introduces Trading App Fr...Midhat Ali Shaikh 11:25 AM 22 Nov 2019
Robbery In Bitcoin ATM: Thieves Overlook...Surbhi Srivastava 10:36 AM 22 Nov 2019
Final Verdict: Lawyer Found Guilty of Mo...Richard M Adrian 09:53 AM 22 Nov 2019
Vermont Power Utility Partners With Bloc...Richard M Adrian 09:48 AM 22 Nov 2019