Luno is a leading global cryptocurrency company operating across more than 40 countries and with offices in London, Singapore and Cape Town. We’re Series B-funded and backed by some of the top tech investors in the world.
Our products and services make it safe and easy for people and businesses to store, buy, use and learn about cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin and Ethereum. Our vision is to upgrade the world to a better financial system.
We are looking for a Financial Controller for South East Asia to take ownership of this region's control and reporting function and play an integral role in the monthly SEA group financial close process.
This role in a nutshell:
As a team player you'll enjoy continuously looking for efficient ways to help your team get better at what they do, you'll advocate for best practices and will have no qualms about rolling up your sleeves to pitch in needed. The Luno Finance team is a savvy bunch who love what they do. We handle the core accounting & control responsibilities and as a member of this fast-paced, growing team, you know your debits from your credits, have solid accounting principles and you understand the full accounting process end to end.
Your mission will involve:
- Working closely with teams in the following critical business functions: engineering, regional country leads, treasury and consolidation, tax, operations and internal control, and financial planning and analysis
- Responsibility for the corporate and customer bank reconciliation process, payment date accounting and indirect tax reports, across multiple countries and currencies
- Preparing inter-company journal entries, maintain and reconcile general ledger accounts
- Taking ownership of the Accounts-Supplier and Accounts-Payable process for the region
- Responsibility for processing: Invoice & payment processing, master data management, travel & expense processing and reconciliations
- Reconciliation of trading, internal and operational bank accounts in different countries for the SEA group
- Proactively pursuing business issues that impact the general ledger and evaluate the situation for acceptable solutions
- Understanding foreign currency transactions and translation in accordance with IFRS
- Preparing management accounts, financial statements and tax returns, as well as annual financial information to be provided to the external auditors
You will enjoy this role if you have:
- 4-5 years post article experience in accounting, consolidations and reporting
- CA(SA) or relevant professional qualification
- A results-driven, investigative mindset with a high level of initiative, teamwork, urgency, accountability and integrity
- No qualms about working independently in a high growth, constantly changing, fast-paced environment with strong sense of ownership
- Excellent administrative skills, attention to detail and analytical skills with a high level of comfort in working with numbers and demonstrated expertise using spreadsheet software
- Sage Business Cloud Enterprise experience (advantageous)
- Effective planning, interpersonal and communication skills
What else is in it for you:
Cryptocurrencies are rapidly changing the financial landscape, and the Luno team is at the forefront of this revolution. This a fantastic opportunity to learn more about cryptocurrencies, blockchain, emerging markets, and together we'll work towards scaling a global business.
- You'll learn new skills and continuously develop and share knowledge with your peers.
- You’ll work with a diverse team of hardworking, ambitious and friendly people on something that will truly revolutionise the world.
- We'll take care of lunch Monday - Thursday, and organise regular social events for team bonding.
IBM Becomes we.trade’s Shareholder, Ow......Vandana Malik 12:31 PM 25 May 2020
Justin Sun Allegedly Buys Bot Votes For ......Jyoti Singh 13:06 PM 25 May 2020
Binance Announces Options Contracts for ......Vandana Malik 09:10 AM 25 May 2020
Recent Data Shows Crypto Holders Perform......Jyoti Singh 09:37 AM 25 May 2020
NPC Suggests Setting up Special Fund for......Vandana Malik 09:37 AM 25 May 2020
OMG’s 200 Percent Surge And Sudden Cra......Jyoti Singh 05:54 AM 25 May 2020
USDT Transactions Have Hit All-time High......Zain Raza 05:52 AM 25 May 2020