Luno is a leading global cryptocurrency company operating across more than 40 countries and with offices in London, Singapore and Cape Town. We’re Series B-funded and backed by some of the top tech investors in the world.
Our products and services make it safe and easy for people and businesses to store, buy, use and learn about cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin and Ethereum. Our vision is to upgrade the world to a better financial system.
What you'll do
- Guide 2-3 build team pods on how to use Agile practices and values to delight customers
- Removing impediments or guiding the pods to remove impediments by finding the right solution
- Facilitating getting the work done without coercion, assigning, or dictating the work, including inter-competency task coordination
- Supporting and educating the Product Owner, especially on grooming and maintaining the product backlog
- Providing all support to the team using a servant leadership style whenever possible, and leading by example
- Ticket management (Phabricator) - Backlog grooming, managing standups etc
- Release Train Coordination - release notes, alignment with the Engineering Manager around timelines
- Ensuring at all times that initiatives and priorities align with the organisational objectives and key results (OKRs) in conjunction with the Engineering Manager
What you’ll need
- Experience in playing the Scrum Master role for at least one year for a software development team that was diligently applying Agile principles, practices, and theory. (Not specific to Scrum, Luno practices agile but not SCRUM specifically.)
- Good skills and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency
- Knowledge of various well-documented patterns and techniques for filling in the intentional gaps left in the Scrum approach (example: numerous Burndown technologies, various Retrospective formats, handling bugs, etc.)
- Solid knowledge of a ticketing tool such as JIRA a must (We use Phabricator which is similar)
- Be friendly, transparent, articulate and driven to succeed
- A work permit for South Africa if you are not a South African citizen
- Basic knowledge of and passion for digital currencies like Bitcoin
What will help
- Basic knowledge of mobile development technologies an advantage (Objective-C, Swift, Kotlin)
- A Scrum Master Certification
The position is based in Cape Town, so applicants should be South African citizens or have the necessary permits to work in South Africa.
Cryptocurrencies are rapidly changing the financial landscape, and the Luno team is at the forefront of this revolution. If you’re looking to work on something truly global and disruptive with a smart and ambitious team that highly values diversity, teamwork, and the continuous quest for excellence, then this is the opportunity for you.