Coinsquare is managing some of the largest crypto-trading volumes in Canada which is why we're excited to be hiring a Financial Data QA. This position will serve as the connection between our Finance team and our Data & Analytics team, improving Coinsquare's ability to forecast, budget and report data in a timely and accurate manner.
For The First Few Months, You'll Be Doing
- 75% of your time will be maintaining data integrity and databases
- 25% of your time will be proactively suggesting and building improvements to the existing system
Once You've Ramped, You'll Shift Towards:
- 50% of your time will be maintaining data integrity and databases
- 50% of your time will be proactively suggesting and building improvements to the existing system
Ultimately You'll Be:
- Researching adding new exchange data pipelines
- Owning the data integrity of the daily financial statements
- Ensuring the accuracy, completeness and integrity of the financial data streams
- Investigating discrepancies in transactions and determining/rectifying accuracy
- Responsible for deliverables relating to SOC2 Audits
- Database testing, querying and monitoring
- Enhancing internal controls with relation to financial databases
- Owning accuracy of financial reports, trading fees
- Build, improve and maintain the existing database
- Linking data between other exchanges to pull in as a resource for our teams
What Knowledge, Skills and Abilities The Position Requires:
- 2-3 years of experience with MySQL or postgres or RedShift
- Familiarity and comfortability with tens of millions of datasets, financial in nature
- Advanced level Excel skills
Bonus If You Have:
- Experience with Python and other finance/data related languages/tools
- An interest in an accounting and finance
Coinsquare is Canada’s leading and most secure digital asset trading platform for trading Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin and other digital currencies.
We built the most secure trading platform, and since our founding in 2014 we’ve never lost a coin. We’re FINTRAC regulated as a money services business, meaning we keep all our clients' money in Canada and use bank-level security measures on our platform.
We’ve raised over $60M to date, growing from one employee in February 2017 to over 140 employees by November of 2018. We’ve been featured in major media outlets across Canada and are always dedicated to bringing digital asset investing to the mainstream through our various operations like digital currency mining, funds, capital markets, and other offerings coming down the pipeline as we grow.
Discover what's possible with digital currency by checking out our trading platform:
We’re full of bright and diverse thinkers. Team members have equal opportunities to contribute to our success within a scale-up culture that encourages self-starters, transparency and team connectivity.
We know diverse teams make strong teams. We welcome people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. If you require accommodation during the application process, simply let us know and we’ll ensure it’s a positive experience for you.
In order to promote and enhance the security of Coinsquare and our platform, just so you know, anyone receiving a job offer will be required to complete a background check.
By applying to Coinsquare, you agree to receive occasional emails from Coinsquare about our products and services. There is no purchase required and you can opt out at any time.
Company Market : Crypto Exchange