Decentralized Storage Network Filestar Secures $5 Million Funding
Crypto Guide
Live News

Keeping up with all the cryptocurrency news and updates is not an easy task, but we are up to the challenge! This way we can help our readers to keep track of changes in these fast growing currencies. Just like our site, lambo2btc.com is willing to face this challenge and on their site, they compile the features, key elements, and recent news involving bitcoin casino sites and which are the best to try!

Decentralized Storage Network Filestar Secures $5 Million Funding

January 13, 2021      Jafrin Ahmed

Filestar, a web 3.0 decentralized storage, verifiable computation, and infrastructure network, has received $5 million funding from Hong Kong-based investment company HashKey Capital. The investment amount will be used mainly to fund the daily operations of the project’s managing foundation. The funding came in the form of a grant and not the usual token purchasing funds, as seen in decentralized space.

Filestar Secures $5 Million Funding

HashKey Capital is an early-stage blockchain investor and has been a supporter of the decentralized movement since 2013.  The firm has a core investment focus on blockchain technology, digital assets, and crypto-financial infrastructures.

Filestar’s project foundation is a not-for-profit that aims to look after the network before a decentralized autonomous organization is set up.

READ  New Email Extortion Scam Demands Bitcoin, Targets Google Adsense Users

Ryan Chen, the director of strategy at Hashkey, told:

“We see potential in the project to transform the storage mining landscape and establish a blockchain-based decentralized marketplace for computing-power and bandwidth sharing.”

The project aims to improve upon decentralized network and its distributed storage mechanism Filecoin by removing the initial pledge collateral requirement. For instance, the pledge requires the miners of Filecoin to commit their resources for better participation in the economy. This in turn relieves the small miners of Filecoin to handle the pressures on the network.

Filestar Preparing to Launch Staking Program

Filestar is also preparing to launch a staking program where 70% of its native STAR token will be generated from mining. The rest of the 30% will be used for incentivizing other stakeholders in the ecosystem.

READ  Whale and Rally in Most Valuable Social Tokens List

The token-based model will further implement a voting system for miners based on their track records. The program will also enable holders of STAR tokens for community participation in the decentralized storage network, enhancing a decentralized governance system model.

The mainnet launch of Filestar took place on October 30, 2020. The network has now 44 pebibytes (PiB) of storage power on its network.

#Decentralized infrastructure #Decentralized network #Decentralized Storage Network #Filestar #HashKey Capital #STAR Token
Jafrin Ahmed
Jafrin Ahmed

Jafrin is a cryptocurrency journalist/researcher fascinated by the world of decentralization. She is hopeful towards blockchain’s innovation and its potential to reshape the world for good. Currently, she is bringing out the best of cryptosphere via covering the latest ins and outs of the blockchain space.