1. MEA Countries to Spend Heavily on Blockchain Development
Middle East and African (MEA) countries are expected to contribute massively in increasing their technological development over the next few years. A surge of 400% is expected across the MEA government’s investments in blockchain in the next 4 years,as per a report by United States-based market research firm International Data Corporation.
2. Digital Currency Opportunity Should be Seized by France, Says MP
According to a report, to discuss the advantages that would come with adopting blockchain, the two French MPs, Laure de La Raudiere and Pierre Person met with France’s Minister of Economy, Bruno Le Maire. The French MP believes France should seize the opportunity to be at the forefront of the fintech revolution.
3. SEC Introduces New Senior Advisor For Cybersecurity Policies Chairman
The SEC, on February 13, 2020, introduced Nancy Sumption as a New Advisor to the chairman of the Cybersecurity Policy, Jay Clayton, to address cybersecurity policy. As an advisor, she would also be holding discussions with external stakeholders to enhance the SEC’s mechanism for assessing and responding to cyber-related risks.
4. Crypto Influencer Breaks Myth, Says Venezuela Not Keen About Cryptocurrency
Venezuela has often been put forward by crypto proponents as a shining example of how digital currencies are helping struggling nations to bring economic revolution. However, Peter McCormack who visited Venezuela recently broke the myth and said people need easily accessible money and not necessarily Bitcoin.
5. Ledger Reignited An Old Fight With Competing firm Trezor
Ledger, the developer of hardware wallet set fire to an old fight with its competing crypto hardware wallet firm, Trezor in a blog post yesterday. The post compared the claimed advantages of its three types of internal secure element chips including Safe Memory chips, Microcontroller Units (MCU), and its own Secure Elements.
6. Galaxy Digital Lays Off 15 Percent Employees From Its Staff
The crypto merchant bank, Galaxy Digitalhas cut off its 13 employees, i.e. approx 15% of its staff. In the departments of trading, asset management, advisory services and principal investments left whole. In simple words, no business line is affected or singled out from the layoffs.
7. With tBTC Launch, Bitcoin Ready To Join In On DeFi Hype
tBTC, which was created by Keep Project and Summa One, went live on Ethereum's Ropsten testnet. The aim of the protocol was to bring a network-pegged and price version of Bitcoin onto Ethereum and could support DeFi adoption.
8. CoinDCX Partners With OKEx to Offer Leveraged Futures For Indian Customers
CoinDCX, a Mumbai based Indian crypto exchange has announced its partnership with one of the leading global crypto exchange OKEx to offer crypto futures and derivatives products to the Indian customers.
9. Trading Vets Of Nasdaq, Visa and Morgan Stanley Builds Platform ExOne
The group of trading veterans from Nasdaq, Visa and Morgan Stanley came out with the solution for liquidity in the form of ExOne platform. The new liquidity platform is aimed at aiding the crypto traders in the fragmented crypto market.
10. IOTA Ceases Network Amid Investigations of Trinity Wallet Attack
IOTA has shut down its network to investigate the cyberattack against its Trinity wallet. The representatives of IOTA are investigating the situation with law enforcement authorities and cybersecurity experts to unveil the reasons behind the “coordinated attack.”
1. US Intelligence Community Feels Crypto Is A Threat To Greenback
2. Jerome Powell's Statement Behind Bitcoin's 4% Surge
3. AFC Cites a Sharp Decline In Match-Fixing in Asia
4. US Justice Department Is Criminalizing OnChain Privacy
5. Kamari and ZeU to deploy Blockchain-based SaaS infrastructure for healthcare
6. Wells Fargo Slashes 700 Jobs In Technology Overhaul
7. Digital Remittances Reach a Record High of $96 Billion
8. Binance Hires Ex-Uber Product Lead to Spearhead Global Expansion
9. U.S. Needs To Take Charge Of Its Digital Dollar; Trump’s Federal Nominee
10. Blockfolio and TokenTax Partner to Ease Taxation Process
|3||Acute Angle Cloud||-39.54%|