ARK Invest research study recently released their ‘Ideas 2020’ report detailing which technological innovations and market are the best forms of investments in 2020 which include Bitcoin as well. The research aims to enlighten investors on the best of emerging technologies promising to be a lucrative form of investment this year. The study talks about
- Deep Learning — From Vision to Language
- Streaming Media — The Primary Technology Behind Content Distribution
- Electric Vehicles — Faster Adoption Than Most Think
- Automation — Increased Productivity and More Jobs
- 3D Printing — An Underestimated Technology
- Autonomous Ridehailing — The Future of Transportation
- Aerial Drones — A Cost Saver and Potential Life Saver
- Next Generation DNA Sequencing — The Transformation of Oncology
- Biotech R&D Efficiency — The Convergence of Technologies in Healthcare
- Digital Wallets — The Transformation of Banking
- Bitcoin — An Evolution of Monetary Systems
Bitcoin Has The Potential To Breach Trillion-Dollar Market Cap
Bitcoin has managed to garner most interest among all the technological innovations in the past decade. The decentralized form of money was first ignored and labelled as another internet bubble, but when it did not fizzle out as many anticipated, it created a global battle among monetary systems, both sovereign and nonsovereign.
The report compares Bitcoin revolution to the “Cambrian Explosion” of the monetary system. At first, a monetary system independent of government and centralized authorities sounded absurd and impossible. The report also cites three first-hand use cases of Bitcoin that could propel its market cap into trillions.
The research study estimates the following three use cases could potentially increase the current market cap of Bitcoin by 5X.
- Currency Demonetization: Bitcoin as a potential medium of exchange and catalyst for currency demonetization could evolve quickly in emerging markets. The
- Store of Value/ Digital Gold: Bitcoin improves upon gold’s limitations as a store of value: it is highly portable, strictly scarce, and publicly auditable.
- Protection Utility: A sensible allocation to bitcoin as protection against asset seizure should approximate the probability of an asset seizure during an individual’s lifetime.
Bitcoin is already making a mark as a form of the digital store of value of digital gold, while the aspiration of becoming a form of money is still marred by scalability issues. Bitcoin is already categorized as an asset class instead of security. Thus, Bitcoin’s impact on the global economy and finance is imminent and its only a matter of when rather than how.