1. Genesis Strikes New Records In Loan Originations
Over-the-counter cryptocurrency lending and trading company Genesis has closed the Q4 of 2019 with record-high results in loan originations since its beginning. Genesis has contributed over $4.25 billion in loans since it was established in March 2018, which made Q4 most beneficial in company records.
2. tZero Seeks Fund From External Sources To Launch Broker-Dealer Platform
tZero, Overstock's blockchain subsidiary, has been planning to start tZero Markets, its retail broker-dealer platform. Saum Noursalehi, the tZero's CEO, provided a letter to the investors, which revealed that in the first half of this year, the firm has targeted to start the new platform.
3. CME Bitcoin Futures Gain $100B in Volume Since 2017
The CME Bitcoin futures have gained over $100 bln in volume. Tim McCourt, Global Head of Equity Index Alternative Investment Products and CME Group Managing Director, has reported that CME Bitcoin futures have exceeded $100 billion in total volume traded since they were launched in December 2017.
4. Mercedes Pilot Project to Track Emission Level in Cobalt
Mercedes Benz, in an attempt to obtain sustainable mobility, is paying heavy attention to procurement for its ambition2039 project. It's working with Circulor, a battery cell manufacturer and specializing in blockchain technology. Mercedes is doing a pilot project in a bid to enhance the transparency Of Co2 emissions.
5. Cashfusion Developers’ Claims Are True, Indicated Data Analyst
Cashfusion is a new protocol whose developer claimed that it is one of the best privacy protocol currently available in the market. James Waugh, a data analyst after thoroughly examining numerous transaction input and output realised that it was not possible to establish a solid link between the transactions.
6. Authorities Arrest 10 for Hoodwinking $6.60 M of Investors
An Israeli-based organised crime gang has been busted by Belgian, French and Israeli police for scamming 85 investors of $6.60 million. The operation led by Europol and Eurojust saw a total of ten suspects allegedly linked to the international cryptocurrency investment fraud gang arrested.
7. Bakong, Cambodia's Digital Currency is Nearing Its Launch
The Cambodia National Bank is using blockchain technology as a launch cushion in developing its own digital currency, Bakong, which is set for a release within the next couple of months. The currency has had support from 11 banks, and the numbers would only increase as many banks are ready to be willing partners
8. U.S. Researcher Pleads Not Guilty To Violating DPRK Sanctions
Virgil Griffith, the Ethereum blockchain researcher, charged under the accusations of violating U.S sanctions last November for visiting North Korea pled not guilty in a New York court. The researcher was arrested earlier last year, under the charge of the International Emergency Economic Powers Act. He is charged for conspiring with others to assist North Korea in skirting sanctions through his lecture.
1. Microsoft Discovers Crypto Mining Script in Kobe Bryant's Photo
2. Craig Wright Claims He Knows Who Pumped BSV
3. Bitfinex Allows Using Tether Gold For Traders To Execute Margin Trading
4. Ross Ulbricht Advisor and Silk Road Operator Pleads Guilty to Conspiracy Charge