1. Iranian Government Grants More than 1,000 Licences to Miners
Reports suggest that the Iranian Government has issued over 1,000 mining licences to crypto miners in the country. The development has come days after Muslim nations like Turkey, Malaysia, and Iran discussed the introduction of a cryptocurrency as an alternative to the US dollar.
2. South African Nedbank Not Planning To Close Crypto Exchange Accounts
A report published in SACrypto stated that South African tech news site, ITWeb, published a false article regarding Nedbank. ITWeb report wrongly interpreted the comments of CEO of AltCoinTrader Richard de Sousa claiming Nedbank will look into all crypto accounts associated with it.
3. Bitcoin Community Hits 3000+ Members on Github
As per the GitGitRun.com data, the member count of Bitcoin Github community has gone past 3,000. However, only 2,800 members are tracked yet. Github is an online developer hub for experts and amateurs who can join forces and manage projects, review codes and build software together.
4. Charlie Lee Asks Miners to Donate 1% of Their Block Rewards
Litecoin’s Charlie Lee is the latest to join the heated exchange regarding the proposal of Jiang Zhuoer, the CEO of the BTC.TOP, who suggested to impose an obligatory tax on BCH miners via a new soft fork. The former “Bitcoin Jesus’ Roger Ver approved the coming together of Bitcoin mining pools in order to conduct the soft fork.
5. Onecoin Co-Conspirator Pleads Sentence Postponement
Mark Scott’s counsel has recently filed a letter, stating the OneCoin co-conspirator pleaded to get his sentencing delayed until April 21st. Scott, the co-conspirator, was already indicted back on November 21st, 2019. Rest which remained for him was to be sentenced, which was scheduled for February 21st 2020.
6. H&R Block Urge Customers to Disclose Crypto Gains To Comply by IRS
The American tax preparation company, H&R Block (HRB), has urged it's tax customers dealing with cryptocurrencies to comply with the IRS request for reporting virtual currency transactions. IRS is asking anyone who made (or lost) money last year from selling digital currencies to disclose it in the form provided for listing additional income.
7. FIA Shuts Two Illegal Cryptocurrency Mining Farms In Pakistan
As per the latest development coming from Pakistan, illegal Bitcoin and ETH mining farms in the Shangla district of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa were seized by the Federal Investigative Agency (FIA). Khyber Pakhtunkhwa is one of the administrative provinces of Pakistan where illegal mining of cryptocurrencies was being done.
8. Miller Thomson LLP Lawyers Representing QuadrigaCX Victims
The lawyers of Miller Thomson LLP are now representing the victims of QuadrigaCX crypto exchange. The lawyers are trying to find any connection between the Canadian exchange, QuadrigaCX and Crypto Capital (A shadow bank based in Panama).
1. Deutsche Survey States Bitcoin Could Surge But Won’t Replace Cash
2. ConsenSys to Build Ethereum-Based Blockchain Platform for Covantis
3. Celsius To Implement Compound Interest On Crypto Deposits
4. Bank of France Governor Says Digital Currencies Can be Useful