1. Apollon Darknet Market Place Found To Be Pulling An Exit Scam
The Apollon Market which was considered as the world’s largest darknet marketplace has been found to be in the midst of an exit scam. Although, the marketplace has allowed its users to order from their platform it has locked the accounts of the vendors, who were offering the service.
2. SBI Holding To Provide Its Shareholders With XRP As Benefit
SBI holding, a Japan Based financial service provider, has announced to grant its shareholders with XRP as benefits. Starting from March 31 2020, SBI holding would provide its shareholders’ benefits based on some criteria which would be recorded in the Shareholder register
3. Verge Working On Electrum Mnemonic Sweeping Upgrade
Verge digital currency stated in a developmental update that the project is working towards Electrum Mnemonic Sweeping to provide an improved experience to its iOS wallet users. Furthermore, the privacy-oriented cryptocurrency called its community members to get support for the latest upgrade.
4. Swiss Crypto Exchange Smart Valor Adds XRP to its Trading Platform
Ripple’s XRP has been added to the trading platform SMART VALOR, a prominent Swiss trading Company. SMART VALOR picked XRP due to its reputed market capitalization and popularity in the cross-border remittance sector. Moreover, XRP offers transactions at a pretty low fee and allows coins to transfer instantly.
5. Bitcoin SV Is Faking Its Volumes: Coinmetrics
Reports suggest that Craig Wright (self-proclaimed Satoshi) led Bitcoin SV have highly manipulated transaction data. There are around 700,000 transactions comprising of extremely small transactions being processed each day, which means that each day thousands of fractional cent transactions are being processed.
6. CFTC Chairman Reaffirms Ethereum Futures in Near Future
The Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) chairman, Heath Tarbert, has recently stated that soon the Ethereum Futures may become a significant derivative product in the cryptocurrency space. Tarbert also stated that he hopes that for digital assets and blockchain adoption the United States could lead the race.
7. TokenAnalyst Report: Five Companies Run Bitcoin's Network Operations
A new analysis report from TokenAnalyst found five mining firms managed about 49.9% of all computing power on the Bitcoin network, and all these firms came from China. According to TokenAnalyst, China has the largest concentration of mining power ever.
8. Kraken Security Labs Discovers Flaws That Can Let Hackers Exploit Trezor Wallets
The security department of Kraken has discovered a critical flaw in two wallets produced by industry leader, Trezor. Kraken Security Labs said the flaw could enable hackers to extract encrypted seeds from cryptocurrency hardware wallets, Trezor One, and Trezor Model T within a few minutes if they have physical access to the devices.
1. South Korean Crypto Wallet BitBerry To Shut Down Soon
2. Strike App by Zap to Allow Lightning Payment Via Bank Account
3. Crypto Regulator CSSF Declares Crypto Bull An Unregistered Crypto Firm
4. Bitcoin Blast Reinstated On Google Play Store On Thursday, Jan 30
5. Bitcoin Halving Could Push Bitcoin Price into $100k