Blockchain-Powered 5G SIM Cards To Enable Cryptocurrency Payments | Cryptoknowmics
1. Ripple To Go Public In The Next 12 Months, Suggests Ripple's CEO
The CEO of Ripple, Brad Garlinghouse, pretty much confirmed in an interview that the company can go public in the next 12 months. Garlinghouse told the Wall Street Journal in Davos at the World Economic Forum that IPO (initial public offering) is a natural evolution for Ripple.
2. Alipay’s Partner Tranglo to Integrate Ripple’s Transboundary Payments
Alipay’s Partner Tranglo, a Malaysian firm facilitating cross-border payments, has announced its collaboration with Ripple. The association would mainly focus on Ripple’s transboundary payments and its remittance infrastructure RippleNet.
3. Davos And Ripple: XRP Gets Citation In World Economic Forum Toolkit
XRP and JPM Coin were mentioned as instances of digital currencies used for inter and intra-payments and settlements in the World Economic Forum (WEF) toolkit that is currently underway in Davos, Switzerland. The section concentrated on several digital payments ecosystem participants, which included retail payment systems, payment service providers and cryptocurrencies.
4. New York Becomes The Crypto Litigation Capital Of The World
A report by law firm Murphy & McGonigle, New York suggests that New York has lately become the capital of crypto litigation activity. The report stated that the court had come across twice as many blockchain-related matters than any other venue.
5. Blockchain-Powered 5G SIM Cards To Enable Cryptocurrency Payments
Gartner’s managing VP, Miriam Burt said that those who don’t have any bank account will be able to access cryptocurrency account from their mobile from 2025 for their daily financial transactions. She further added that in order to stay competitive as well as to amend the customer satisfaction, the financial leaders that are accountable for digital commerce should foresee the consumer payments centred on crypto-currency in future
6. Elon Musk: Crypto Won't Effectively Replace Cash Payments
In an interview with the Third Row Tesla Podcast, Tesla and SpaceX chief Elon Musk said that while he sees crypto as a replacement for cash, he does not see crypto being the primary database. He also revealed that Bitcoin indeed had utility and the ability to gauge the black market.
7. BlockFi Lowers Interest Rates To Attract Larger Cryptocurrency Deposits
BlockFi, one of the top startups in the cryptocurrency markets, announced it would adjust the interest paid based on the yield it produces from lending Ether and Bitcoin. The changes would start from Feb. 1. According to BlockFi, rates for Gemini Dollar (GUSD) and Litecoin (LTC) would not be changed.
8. Hawaii Senators Files Bill To Allow Banks To Act As Crypto Custodian
Recently, a bill was introduced by the five lawmakers from the US senate of Hawaii. The bill appealed to the authorized banks in the country (Hawaii) to provide custody for cryptocurrencies.
9. Japan Ruling Party Lawmakers Planning To Issue Its Digital Currency
In a sign of alarm, Japan has called for establishing its own digital currency given the advancements made by China in blockchain adoption and Facebook’s Libra, ruling party lawmakers team is working to issue its own digital currency in Japan.
1. Argoland and PlanetWatch to Fight Air Pollution Using Blockchain
2. MyEtherWallet Adds Support for Unstoppable Domains
3. DMCC Ties up With CV VC And CV Labs to Launch Crypto Valley
4. Russian Suspect In Bitcoin Theft Extradited To Paris
5. Lancashire Cricket Claims To Be The First To Activate Blockchain Ticketing
Top Crypto Gainers of the Day
Top Crypto Losers of the Day