1. United States Marshals Service Auctions Over 4,000 Bitcoins
The United States Marshals Service (USMS) closed on 4,041 Bitcoin auction worth over $40 million. Bitcoins were auctioned to two winning bidders. The USMS put up the BTC for sale on February 18 on the auction block. The bitcoins were categorized into four lots: 2,500 BTC, 1,000 BTC, 500 BTC, and 40.54069820 BTC.
2. Bitcoin Mining Pools See Huge Shuffle in Prior To Bitcoin Halving
Chinese Bitcoin mining giants, Poolin and f2pool have witnessed substantial growth in their daily BTC block reward in January 2020. The dominating mining pool, BTC.com has dropped in the reward earning. This is how the tables are turning, prior to the highly-anticipated third halving.
3. Digital Commerce Giants Shopify Joins The Libra Association
After getting ditched by major firms such as Stripe, Visa, eBay and other high profile entities, the Libra Association has a reason to smile today. The Canada-based e-commerce platform, Shopify announced on Feb. 21 that it is joining the Libra association.
4. Malta’s Financial Watchdog Claims Binance is Not Under its Jurisdiction
According to the Malta Financial Services Authority (MFSA), Binance is not regulated or even operated in the country. The country’s financial announced the news on 21 February highlighting that the major cryptocurrency exchange, is not under its oversight.
5. Riot Blockchain Plans Sale Of Its Cryptocurrency Exchange
Riot Blockchain, a Nasdaq-listed firm, has planned sale of its crypto exchange RiotX while expanding its businesses of bitcoin mining. The firm made the decision.in order to strengthen its focus on cryptocurrency mining after considering security risks, regulatory environment and competition from rivals.
6. Norwegian Air Could Allow Payment Through Cryptocurrency
Norwegian Air, Europe's biggest airlines, would consider allowing cryptocurrencies for booking flights immediately starting from the next spring. The plan was revealed by Norwegian Block Exchange (NBX) chief executive, Stig Kjos-Mathisen while having an interview with local news publication.
7. Upbit Playing The Blame Game, Community Thinks It Lacks Conviction
Upbit users from China are having a hard time in withdrawing Korean won since December. The exchange in an announcement revealed KYC and Korean taxation laws on cryptocurrencies as the most significant obstacles which are hindering the withdrawal process.
8. United Nations Makes Its Way into Forbes Blockchain 50 List
Forbes recently put out a Blockchain 50 list which features a host of big guns as usual and some new biggies of the international arena, including United Nations. The new list was a compilation of fifty significant international associations which are welcoming blockchain technology with open arms.
9. Sweden Riksbank Starts Testing Central Bank Digital Currency, E-Krona
Riksbank, the Central Bank of Sweden announced that testing of e-krona has started in the country. This move is a step closer to the launch of the world’s first central bank digital currency (CBDC) which will run on blockchain technology.
10. Tradesatoshi Exchange Says it Will Shutdown From Next Month
Beginning from March 1, 2020, 00:00 UTC, Tradesatoshi, a cryptocurrency exchange that focuses on trading Bitcoin (BTC) and altcoins, will cease to exist. It is terminating all services and the exchange altogether.
1. Ripple’s Xpring Proposes Connecting Ethereum and XRP
2. FSMA Repeats The Warning By Updating The List Of Suspicious Sites
3. FCoin Was Leaking Bitcoin Long Before The Coup de Grâce - Report
4. HashCash Collaborates With Major Oil Corp To Manage Supply Chain
5. MakerDAO Goes Defensive Following DEFI Exploits
6. OSCE Joins Hands With Law-Enforcement Agencies To Tackle Illicit Use Of Cryptocurrencies
7. Sorare Collaborates With Juventus To Launch Player Collectibles
8. JPEG Plans To Use Blockchain To Flag Fake Images
9. Binance Declares Support For Cardano Network's OBFT Hardfork
10. Cardano Launches Ouroboros BFT Hard Fork Before Era of Shelly Mainnet
11. Bank of Korea Developing New Blockchain-based Bond System