1. Slovakian Racer Peter Sagan Refuses Involvement In Crypto Scam
On Wednesday, Peter Sagan issued a statement denying any involvement with a crypto scam. He also offered a link to an article in which he was shown like he endorsed the scheme that could probably make anyone a millionaire within 3 to 4 months.
2. Willy Woo: Bitcoin $727B Annual Investment Flow Can Beat Visa
Willy Woo, a statistician who analyzed the data of monitoring resource Coin Metrics, stated that the investment flow of Bitcoin is $727 billion annually. Bitcoin is processing 1% of the total GDP of the world. According to Woo, if the volumes of Visa’s payment stagnate, BTC can beat the payment giant within five years.
3. CFTC’s Office of General Counsel's Stance on Telegram’s GRAM
The letter filed by the CFTC claims they understand Telegram’s logic that the GRAM token is a commodity, not security. This means GRAM should not be registered under the Securities Act of 1933. However, the letter does not seem to provide an explicit answer as to whether GRAM is a commodity or a security.
4. Peter Theil Backed Layer1 Technology Starts Mining Operation in West Texas
Layer1 Technology, backed by one of the biggest names in tech investing Peter Thiel, has officially commenced its mining operations in West Texas. Layer 1 brought online several bitcoin mining containers, which cover about 30 acres of land. Each container has a 2.5 megawatts (MW) power capacity.
5. Coinbase, First Crypto Company Approved as Visa Principal Member
Coinbase has become the first pure-play crypto company to be authorised as a Visa principal member. The membership with Visa facilitates to improve customer experience and will aid in spending cryptocurrency in everyday situations. The partnership would allow Coinbase to offer Bitcoin Debit Card.
6. Tokenomica Begins OTC Desk Including BTC-EUR Pair
Tokenomica, a cryptocurrency exchange from Malta(Africa) has declared to launch its OTC(over-the-counter) trading desk, which would allow traders within the continent to trade Bitcoins with euros.
7. Bitcoin Supply Dominated by Large Addresses Drops to 11%
As of February 2011, the percentage of Bitcoin supply dominated by these large addresses (those with a balance of at least one-thousandth of the total BTC supply) raised by 33%. However, the percentage has dropped 3x to 11% in February 2020.
8. Korean Crypto Startup Contents Protocol Shutting Down
South Korea-based cryptocurrency startup, Contents Protocol Team having raised a total of 29,334 ETH ($8.15 million in today's prices) via initial coin offering (ICO) and private token sale, is shutting down and refunding its investors. The startup cited lack of business and regulatory concerns as the catalysts towards its shut down.
9. Sia Blockchain Developer Nebulous Launches Skynet
The firm behind the Sia decentralized cloud storage, Nebulous has launched Skynet which is a blockchain-based peer-to-peer file sharing and content distribution system. Skynet will offer low cost and high-speed file storage and content sharing.
10. IRS Is Inviting Crypto Companies To Its March Summit
The Internal Revenue Service(IRS) has formally called several undisclosed cryptocurrency startups to a summit, which would be held on 3 March. According to the invitation, the IRS would be discussing its existing approach to taxing digital currencies together with the efforts from the enforcement.
11. If Bitcoin's golden cross fails to rescue the price, a revisit of $9,060 is possible
Bitcoin's much-touted golden cross is almost underway but the momentum is nowhere to be found. While analysts are waiting for the golden cross to lead the rally, Bitcoin is heading down to major support - $9,460. Potentially lower, if the trend continues.
1. FXCM Crypto Spreads Down More Than 32% In January 2020
2. Chainlink, The Tesla of Cryptocurrency is Likely to Breach its ATH
3. QANplatform Integrates Chainlink Oracle Solution to Connect to External Data
4. PoB Transactions Successful On Cross-Carrier Payment
5. Satoshi Nakamoto: The Accidental Billionaire
6. Tezos (XTZ) breaches bullish pattern, more bull surges ahead
7. Binance Goes on Sudden Maintenance, Community Shaken
8. CAB Tastes Success in Seizing Bitcoin Assets of Drugs Dealer
9. Standard Chartered Appoints Kahina Van Dyke as Global Head
10. Microsoft Azure Integrates Lition’s Commercial Blockchain Solution
11. Ethereum's drop to $260 imminent unless bulls fail to push through $290
12. BitGo Wakes to Full-Stack Digital Asset Services, Acquires Harbor
13. Telecom Giant Of Japan KDDI Partners With Crypto Exchange DeCurrent